Spot and Stain Removing Tips
Ace Carpet Cleaning Boca Raton, Florida
Stain Removing Guide
- Spills and stains should be treated immediately. The longer a spot remains, the more difficult it will be to remove.
- Blot up spills with clean, white, absorbent materials (towels, napkins, tissues, etc.)
- Pre-test spot removal agents in an inconspicuous area (under a sofa cushion, on an area of carpet under or behind a piece of furniture). If color transfers to the cloth or a color change occurs, a professional cleaner should be consulted.
- Do not over wet. Use small amounts of the cleaning agents and blot frequently. Do not rub or brush.
- Work from the outer edge of the spot towards the centre to prevent rings or spreading.
- The final step is always to gently rinse the area with water, then absorb all the remaining moisture with absorbent towels.
- Some spots and stains cannot be removed from every fabric due to differences in fibres, dyes, constructions, finishes, composition of the stain, length of time the stain has remained in carpet.
- Most stains require professional treatment.
Pet Problem : Clean up all that you can with a towel.
Mist white vinegar on the spot and let dwell for 3 – 5 minutes then blot dry with a clean white towel. The vinegar neutralizes the acids & ammonias preventing that yellow or green tint. This also works on coffee or tea spots.
Kool-aid : You will need a white damp towel, a hot steam iron and white vinegar. This process is called a heat transfer. Mist white vinegar on stain then place damp towel on top, place steam iron (set for steam) on top of towel. Let sit for 15 – 30 seconds. If stain has not set-in you will see it transfer into the towel. Repeat until gone.
Asphalt or tar : Use a citrus based gel. Also works great on ink. Extraction to rinse. You may need to use a wet-dry vac to extract for the rinse process.
Wax on carpet : Hot iron and a dry towel. Place towel on wax spot. Put iron on top and heat to melt wax. Wax will absorb into towel. Repeat until all wax is gone. If color remains from wax try a heat exchange as mentioned for kool-aid removal.
Red Wine : Pour white wine on spot to neutralize color. Extract.
The content of this web page is provided for informational purposes only.
No guarantee, express or implied, is made for the accuracy of the information supplied. If you are in doubt, stop what you are doing to remove the spot or stain and call us at (561) 271 4523 for professional treatment.